My latest obsession....  

Monday, September 29, 2008






You can see why you haven't heard from me....Thank you SO much, Kim, for mentioning these books! I was hooked from the beginning! Let's see, how to explain.

Thursday morning ~ I read one chapter before I went to work, but due to everyday-during-the-week life, I didn't pick the book up again. I had to be at work on Friday by 7 am, as we had a meeting. I didn't leave the office until 7 pm. I spent some time with the family, and then, from 9 to midnight, I worked some more from home.

My mind was keyed up, so by 12:30 am, I decided to pick up Twilight. Um, okay. Only problem with that idea was I didn't go to bed until after 5 in the morning. And, yes, I did finish Twilight.

I worked some more on Saturday. I finished around 3:30 pm, and, then, I dragged the girls to Target to pick up the other three books in the Twilight series. I got home around 4:30. I cut Syd's hair, and, then, I took the girls outside to play. Of course, I parked my rear on a lounge chair outside, and I began New Moon. By 11:30 pm, I finished New Moon. Did I mention that fact that I LOVED the books? I just couldn't get enough.

Sunday, well, I didn't do "anything" except read. I polished off Eclipse and began Breaking Dawn. Unfortunately, I didn't finish the last book before I went to bed.

I went to work today, and I have to admit (smile) that I couldn't wait to get home to finish the last 250 pages of my book. I was DYING to see how it would end. So, it's finished! And, no, I DO NOT skim read. In fact, I can probably tell you each story in detail. It's an uncanny thing I'm able to do....

Now, if Yvonne will get her bootie in gear and finish reading, then, we can chat. Oh, Kim! Thanks again! Got any other suggestions of what I need to read? Oh, I do have the Eragon Series. Just picked up the last book the other day. Yeah!! I think I'll wait for another weekend, though, as I didn't even clean anything this weekend :)

There would be one plus to being a vampire, though. I'd NEVER have to go to sleep! Could you imagine what I could get done?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 comments: to “ My latest obsession....

  • kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes
    September 30, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

    man... you guys are gonna make me long for winter when i don't have to read stuff for school!!!!!!!

  • Breanna
    October 3, 2008 at 4:57 PM  

    Dang...you already finished the whole series.

    Well, I have a suggestion on what to read next. lol.

    I dont know what its called but its on the shelf right BELOW the twilight series at target. All my friends say its a good book.

    But I guess you will have to find that out for yourself. :]

  • Jennifer
    October 5, 2008 at 12:02 PM  

    So, we don't know each other, but I read on Kristy's blog that you are a fan of Twilight... so just had to see for myself... yep, you are a fan!

    DON'T YOU LOVE THEM!?!?!?

  • Kimberly
    October 9, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

    I love love love that you love them as much as I do! Other books I've recently enjoyed:

    The "Queen of Babble" books by Meg Cabot (there are three)

    The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart (I believe a sequel was recently released, but I haven't read it yet)

    The Percy Jackson and the Olympian books by Rick Riordan (Four of the anticipated five are out, and I've read them all several times)

    The Tristan and Isolde trilogy by Rosalind Miles

    The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon


    There's lots of good stuff out there, I just wish I had more time to read it all....