2009....  

Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR! And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little bro, who is 20 this year. Wow! Does time fly by fast or what? And, speaking of time.....

A few friends of mine, Kristy and Yvonne, have chosen a word to live by for 2009. This is based on Ali Edwards yearly word challenge. I think it's a great concept. For the last few years, I considered joining in the challenge, but I felt I never could commit to this. But this year, I have decided to join the challenge. So, my word for 2009 is TIME. It seems as if time is something that goes by so quickly. It always seems as if I never have enough time. For myself. For my family. For my friends. This year, I am seriously going to try to prioritize the things in my life, and I am going to strive to make more time for my family and most especially, for myself.

I have really wanted to begin a small photography business for a while now, and I admit, I just don't have enough faith in myself to go through with it. This year, I am really going to try to focus more on my photography hobby. I want to take more pictures. So, I feel as if I need to set a goal for myself. I want to take at least 50 pictures that I am truly, absolutely, positively happy with. Whether it be of my kids, which tend to be the subject of my pictures, my nieces and nephews, or my friends and their kids. I want to do this. I want to strive to be a better photographer. If I never get discovered as a supremely awesome scrapbooker, and honestly, if someone said I sucked at it, I would be completely OK with that. But, I would LOVE to be known as a supremely fantastic photographer. I would LOVE to be this areas Tara Whitney. She's fantastic! I would so love to have my pictures taken by her! Maybe someday! Like the DH would really let me do that!! But, one can dream, huh?

I also am really going to strive to be a better blogger. To post more pictures. To scrapbook my families memories more often, and to post those layouts! And, I'd really like to get the projects around my house in order. This will definitely happen slowly but surely. Such is life! But, if I can spend more time with my girls, then, I will definitely be accomplishing something in this new year!!

********* Wishing you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!! *********

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 comments: to “ 2009....

  • Yvonne
    January 2, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

    You go girl!!! I am so proud of you. I know that you are an awesome photographer, you just have to realize this for yourself. I am glad you picked a word and I hope it will help you remember to take time to actually enjoy.

  • What Eye C...
    January 2, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

    Yvonne is right, you are an awesome photographer...accept it!

    TIME will allow you to discover your real talents!

  • kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes
    January 3, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

    ok... first.. i'm totally thrilled that you posted... (finally:) and will hold you accountable to your blogging more in 09.

    i'm glad that you are choosing a word for 2009 as well, and it seems to me that it is one that is TOTALLY good for you. you need to learn to let somethings go and make time for you... you and your sanity NEED it! :)

    and you are TOTALLY a talented photographer! you just need to accept the compliments you are given and realize it! :)