My first contest post  

Tuesday, April 15, 2008


Drumroll please....I entered my first photography contest. The prize? A free class, which I might add, I have been DYING to take! The criteria for this photo was:




1. There must be a child, under the age of 18, present in the picture


2. It must be taken outside.


3. You must use an umbrella in the photo.




Hmm...let's see. I've recently been brainstorming about a photo using a RED umbrella. Only problem is that I couldn't find a red umbrella I really liked. So, I found one at K-mart that would serve my purposes, at least for now. On top of that, I only found out about the contest yesterday, and the fact that it ends at midnight on April 15, really made it impossible to drive around town looking for another umbrella. Mind you, I had grand visions of what the umbrella would look like. Add to the fact, that since my computer died, I cannot POP the color in Photoshop. So, what you see, is what comes out of the camera. (Sorry, Dawn, cannot do anything about your pictures just yet. You'll just have to wait about a week or so.)




Anyways, this is the picture I entered. I also had grand visions of this picture that I wanted to do for me. It was also suppose to be at the beach, but I admit, I didn't have time to go to the beach today. But the point is, I entered the contest. It's a first for me. Just have to get better at this hobby of mine!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


4 comments: to “ My first contest post

  • kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes
    April 16, 2008 at 4:12 AM  

    Good for you girl! I love this photo! I really think you have a great eye! I hope you win!! :) So exciting! :)

    Ya, I realized after I made your appointment that I would miss you b/c I was going to Griffin's @ lunch at 12. :/ I told Yvonne I missed you, and she said you were going there after, and I said well, I'll miss her again! How was Bo?

    Nanny McPhee is a kid-friendly movie, so you could at least get that one in w/ your girls! It's totally cute! Love, Actually... not so much. Definetely one for a girls night. I keep telling Yvonne we gotta get you caught up on 80's movies!

    I was totally excited about the dude's picture in the hallway! He's a total ham! I still haven't picked my pictures yet b/c it's way too hard to narrow it down!

  • Yvonne
    April 16, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

    You go girl. Love the picture. Syd is soooooo cute in this one. Love the umbrella placement. You are a NATURAL. Have faith in yourself, I'm so proud of you too. You got it done, nothing ventured nothing gained, this is the first step, and I believe that you're going all the way.

  • Kimberly
    April 19, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

    It constantly amazes me that you can take such beautiful pictures every time. It helps (I'm sure) that your kids are so pretty, but you definitely have a gift. I'm so glad you share your projects and photos with us! :)

  • Roxy Girl
    April 23, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

    WOW...
    thats a great picture of Syd!
    She is so beautiful and congratulations for entering the contest. lol
    I love all of the pictures that you take...it amazes me! =)