My SO called life  

Monday, April 14, 2008



Well, I know it's been a while. There are SO many things that have happened... Let's see.

First, for those of you who don't know me, I have a Ford minivan. It's a little over 3-years old, has less than 34,000 miles, and is completely paid off! Well, we have been having car problems, as the van has been "sputtering" around 45-50 mph. Ford "fixed" the problem with $2,000 worth of faulty computer equipment, which was covered under warranty. ONLY to have to take the stupid van back to the shop because it was STILL sputtering. Then, we get told that, um, it's going to take approximately $700 worth of non-warranty work to fix the van. Um, hello? Wasn't that suppose to have been taken car of previously? Apparently, not. So, the DH goes down to Ford, tells them off, and explains to them why Toyota will have the biggest sales of the year ~ they take pride in their work!!


Then, Saturday morning, Syd and I were outside in the yard: gardening, swimming in the pool, and just goofing off. The DH pokes his head out the door and says that he's going to get a haircut. I give him VERY specific instructions: make sure the back door is unlocked and shut the garage door, as Bo is still inside sleeping. Well, that should have been easy enough....But, I forgot, this was a MAN I was speaking to! Lo and behold, when I look up at the back door, it's wide open! So, I walk over and shut the door, as the AC was running. ONLY, to find out that the damn door is LOCKED! Did I mention that Sydnie and I had just jumped in the pool? Now, I am dripping wet AND locked out of the back door. So, she and I walked around the house, AND (no surprise here), the garage door was OPEN! Um, OK. But, of course, the door leading into the house was locked......


Well, Syd and I hatch a plan ~ Syd goes to the front door and continously rings the doorbell, as I know this will freak Bo out. As I can see through the garage door-leading-into-the house, I watch as Bo comes screaming down the hall, holding her blankie. I'm outside the door, waving my arms back and forth, and she finally calms down. I explain to her to put her blankie down and unlock the door. Finally! Syd and I can dry off.


Now, to today. I cleaned the kitchen before I left for work this morning. I figured I would take the coffee grounds out of the coffee pot, so that DH would not spill anything on my clean counters, as he always makes a mess. So, I pull the filter out and proceed to spill the grounds on my counter and into the compartment where you put the filter on the coffee pot. I, then, proceed to clean the counters and pull the piece out of the coffee pot to rinse out. ONLY, to pull the piece out and FLING the grounds across the top cabinets. (I can already tell it's going to be one of those days.) It all tops off when I get home. (Have I mentioned that I have also been having computer problems?) The DH tells me that my computer has officially died...my motherboard has melted. Um, what now? I finally decide to drive down to the grocery store to pick up dinner. While I'm driving, I feel as if my bra is poking me, like halfway up my underarm! OK, now what!! The darned underwire has poked through the bra and is now proceeding to come out and poke me!


And, the computer! uh, well......what can I say to this? Thank goodness I just backed up my stuff last week!


So, I will now share a picture of my little sister, her husband, and my nephews and nieces!


Until the next saga.....

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 comments: to “ My SO called life

  • kristy.lynn @ kristy.makes
    April 14, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

    OMG seriously? Nita... I can not believe so many things can happen to one person! The pool scene seriously sounds like something right out of a movie!

    sorry to hear about your computer! at least you were up to date on your back up!

  • Yvonne
    April 15, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

    I'm so sorry you have been having so much go wrong lately. I swear if it's not me it's you. But you seem to be getting the worse end right now. I'm here for you girl.
    xx

  • Michelle
    June 1, 2008 at 5:45 AM  

    hey sista! i ran into dawn right after you e-mailed saying she got married. i saw the whole fam. they are adorable. she looks great! you need to give me a call and come over. we gutted are kitchen, put in wood floors, and new baseboards. you would love it! I had to take my big mantle down to paint and thought of you! Ha Ha!